Eternity

WHY STUDY??? THE MORE I STUDY, THE MORE I KNOW. THE MORE I KNOW, THE MORE I FORGET. THE MORE I FORGET, THE LESS I KNOW. SO WHY STUDY?

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Pups turned into heroin couriers

The Straits Times, Friday, Feb 3 2006

I am quite disturbed to learn that there are actually people who are cruel enough to resort to such inhumane ways just to smuggle drugs. These drug smugglers went to the extent of surgically implanting packets of liquid heroin into the bellies of 10 puppies, the packets of heroin were estimated to be worth US$200,000. I am in disbelief at the things people are willing to do to get drugs smuggled into a country. The poor victims of this drug smuggling case were rescued during a raid, and out of the 10 puppies rescued, 3 died from infection, and that is really very sad and disheartening to hear. These puppies had just come into this world a few months ago and they had barely even enjoyed and experience life yet when they became involved in this drug smuggling case which ruined their lives. The few that were rescued and survived are truely the lucky ones as they now have a chance at a new lease of life. Some are even adpoted by the police and trained as police dogs!
Nowadays, drugs is becoming a bigger issue in our lives. Now not only does it affect and ruin human lives, it has now reached a point where even the lives of animals are not spared, an example is the puppies used in this drug smuggling case. Drugs is really a terrible thing as it also affects the lives of the family of the drug addict, and so far uncountable lives have be loss because of it. Therefore i support my country's, Singapore, decision for giving out such a heavy penalty to serious drug smuggling offenders: the death penalty. I believe with such a harsh punishment many people would think twice before wanting to smuggle drugs into Singapore.
I really wonder whether the problem of drug smuggling will ever be taken care of one day, and whether isit possible and not just wishful thinking on my part, that in the future there will be a world free from drugs, and i do hope i will live to see that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home