Eternity

WHY STUDY??? THE MORE I STUDY, THE MORE I KNOW. THE MORE I KNOW, THE MORE I FORGET. THE MORE I FORGET, THE LESS I KNOW. SO WHY STUDY?

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Scientists here find the gene that causes blindness in kids

The Straits Times-Home, 1 aug 2006, tue

Scientists in Singapore have found the gene that causes blindness in kids, and hopefully with this new discovery it might help them to treat blindness in the elderly. I am glad to know that in Singapore we have such talented scientists that are able to make such significant finds in the world of medicine. It gives me a sense of security knowing that Singapore does have such talented and professional people working amongst us. It shows that Singapore does have the talent to compete globally and prove that we are a strong and capable nation. I am also awed by the discovery of a possible cure for blindness. In the past, a thing such as a cure for blindness was unheard of and was just a dream waiting to come true. However, advances in technolgy has surprised us time and time again with many new discoveries, and it has made what seemed impossible before, possible now. Today, it is common to read in the papers or hear on the news about new inventions and discoveries, this millenium has become one of discovery and with it comes renewed hope, especially for those people who are blind. I believe that with more research and developement, it would not be long before a cure for blindness and other new paramount discoveries are made, and i am looking forward to the day when a cure for cancer and aids is finaly found, as only then will there be less sorrow in the world .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home