Eternity

WHY STUDY??? THE MORE I STUDY, THE MORE I KNOW. THE MORE I KNOW, THE MORE I FORGET. THE MORE I FORGET, THE LESS I KNOW. SO WHY STUDY?

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Nearly 100 detainess died in US custody

TODAY, Thursday Feb 23 2006

I cannot believe the large number of deaths there are of detainees in US custody. Most of the detainees who died were held custody in Iraq and Afghanistan. There were reports that among the 98 deaths, some were deemed suspcious and some were believe to be tortured to death. This makes me belive that these detainees were specifically targeted upon and intentionally abused. I am horrified to know that there are also videos potraying the inmates being subjected to torture such as being attacked by guard dogs, and the army officers in charge of the inmates are actually enjoying watching the inmates being abused. I feel so ashamed of these US army officers who abuse their authority and seek fun in the abuse of their charges. The inmates are humans themselves and they deserve a certain amount of respect too. The US army officers have no right to judge the inmates and look down on them, as they too must have done some kind of wrong in their lives too. If they are really guilty of causing such pain and humiliation to the inmates, i hope that the US officers would be arrested and charged for their crime of abuse, and that they will receive the just punishment that they deserve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home