Eternity

WHY STUDY??? THE MORE I STUDY, THE MORE I KNOW. THE MORE I KNOW, THE MORE I FORGET. THE MORE I FORGET, THE LESS I KNOW. SO WHY STUDY?

Sunday, August 13, 2006

'Magic' pens the rage among Johor students

The new paper pg 16, 11 aug 2006

Nowadays, students are getting more innovative in the ways they cheat in an exam. I myself am surprise that they actually made use of invisible ink to write the answers on their arms and to see them using uv light, so that the teachers themselves cannot see the ink with their naked eye. This 'magic' pen was suppose to be a toy used for pleasure and fun but now people have found other uses for it. Personally i am impressed by the creativity of these Johor students to come up with such a method of cheating, at the same time i feel sorry for the teachers as this means it is harder for them to catch those cheaters in an exam. I feel that during exam conditions, teachers should enforce stricter rules and perform more thorough checks on students. Maybe teachers should even go to the extent of limiting the number of pens and stationery brought to the examination room, this way it is easier for teachers to spot whether there are any foreign items brought in by the student, and it will be more difficult for students to bring in extra stuff that can be used to cheat in the exams. In truth, i feel sorry for those people who cheat in exams as in reality they are just deceiving themselves and are doing more harm than good for themselves. And when they enter into the real world when they grow up, they would not know how to apply their knowledge into their work as they would have learnt nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home