Eternity

WHY STUDY??? THE MORE I STUDY, THE MORE I KNOW. THE MORE I KNOW, THE MORE I FORGET. THE MORE I FORGET, THE LESS I KNOW. SO WHY STUDY?

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Even Iran's president keeps a blog

The Sunday Times-Lifestyle pg L3, 20th Aug 2006

I am surprised and amused to know that even Iran's president keeps a blog. I thought that usually it is only young teens and bored adults that have the time and are bothered to keep a blog. This shows that blogs are becoming increasingly popular that even high profile people like Iran's president has one. Blogs are usually used to express one's feelings/comments on issues or to write about their daily lives, and so far there have been many more people starting to blog. A few years ago blogging might still seem like a foreign word to some of us but today, it has become such a common thing that to not know what blogging is has become a thing of the past. Blogging has become so popular that there have even been people who became famous through their blogs, by writing about their personal life and experiences. Also, people have been sued and charged for writing offensive and discriminative topics on their blogs. Therefore as we can see, blogging has become an increasingly popular and fun pasttime. However, it does affect our lives as can be seen by the example of bloggers who became famous or were sued. Thus, i feel that we should think carefully about what we write on our blogs lest we offend others and get sued. However blogging does have its good side as anyone is able to view your blog and also give comments and views. I just feel that parents should be aware of what their children are blogging about especially those younger children, and they should guide them in their blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home